Patination Sources from the Internet
Here are some patination sources on the internet. Remember that all patinas are toxic and irritant and should not be worn next to skin unprotected.
There is an article of mine on cupric nitrate patinas.
- Ganoksin’s Tips From The Jeweler’s Bench under the ‘surfaces’ heading
- The Artist Blacksmiths sources and lists of suppliers site.
- Bronze casting and metalsmithing site: lots of very good information. Also a really strong metal oriented links page and lots of book sources.
- The Metal Web News, an essential visit for metals folks. Check the metal oriented links.
- The metal finishing folks home page, lots of links concerning metal finishing
- Patination information
- A commercial page for patination and metal coloring solutions with some how-to information.
- Metals FAQ with lots of info.
- The Artmetal Site Artmetal archive, Cleaning metals and patination information
We sell a technical paper called “Patinas for Small Studios“, information is at: