How to Make a Hinged Locket
Hinged lockets are made to hold something sentimental such as a photograph. This three video course will take you through the steps and includes an information handout. The project covers advanced fabrication skills and traditional goldsmithing techniques making it a challenge but worth the effort.
This lesson includes four videos:
- Part 1 - Hinged locket - 59 min 2 sec
- Part 2 - Hinged locket twist border - 5 min 25 sec
- Part 3 - Making chenier - 12 min 23 sec
- Part 4 - Hammer tool tips - 35 min 18 sec
- Plus three PDF instructional downloads
Materials Sterling silver:
- 0.7mm x 30mm x 20mm (for front & back plates)
- 0.5mm x 7mm x 65mm (to make chenier)
- 1mm x 5mm x 80mm (to make the frame & flange)
- 1mm x 1mm x 60mm square wire (for twist wire decoration)
Purchase also includes these instructional PDF downloads:
You assume all responsibility and risk for the use of the safety resources available on or through this web page. The International Gem Society LLC does not assume any liability for the materials, information and opinions provided on, or available through, this web page. No advice or information provided by this website shall create any warranty. Reliance on such advice, information or the content of this web page is solely at your own risk, including without limitation any safety guidelines, resources or precautions, or any other information related to safety that may be available on or through this web page. The International Gem Society LLC disclaims any liability for injury, death or damages resulting from the use thereof.