Re: [Orchid] Adding gold to silver

R.E.Rourke Saturday, February 09, 2013

    Helen, one word: Yellow silver solder! its all about melting points.
    the gold will always eat a hole in the silver- because the silver
    melts first as it flows at a lower temp and appears to eat a hole in
    the metal. Yellow silver solder is the answer. it matches mostly any
    gold in 9-14 karats and some occasionally in the 18 lemon yellow -
    rich gold colour range. let me know if you can't get it in the UK. I
    have a source (well two) here and will be happy to mail it to you.
    rer