Re: [Orchid] Getting tired of buying earring posts

jo haemer Tuesday, December 11, 2012

    Candy- I make my ear post out of .8mm wire. After I draw the wire I
    then put one end in my vise and grab the other end with my draw tongs
    and give it a good tug to make it absloutly straight. After that I
    cut them to length and solder. After soldering I take my fine tipped
    round/rond nose pliers and gently squeeze and turn near the end of
    the post so that the posts are notched without taking away metal. To
    finish the ends of the posts perfectly round I use a cup bur.

    If the posts are too soft after soldering grab them at the base with
    a pair of duck nosed pliers and give the post a twist.

Have fun and make lots of jewelry.
Jo Haemer
timothywgreen.com