Re: [Orchid] Best type of basel for coral

Peter Schlosser Friday, March 30, 2012

Andrew,

    I guess I was a little obtuse in my post. I wasn't suggesting (on a
    forum for jewelers, not consumers, mind) a boycott by consumers of
    natural coral jewelry; I was suggesting that we, as designers, might
    want to consider no longer using coral at all.

    You seem to be suggesting that this coral is under threat by all
    sorts of things except jewelers. If you want to go with that, fine
    by me. But for everyone else please consider: at one point ivory was
    considered to be the only suitable material to make piano keys.