[Orchid] Kurt Matzdorf, Silversmith and Artist, Passes Away

brainnet Friday, January 02, 2009

Hi All,

    I have the sad news to report that Kurt Matzdorf passed away
    December 20th, 2008.

    He was incredibly important in my life. I knew him when I was still
    a child, and he critiqued my application for Art College. When I was
    in graduate school he helped direct the organization of fold-forming.
    He was a friend and good man, influential in hundreds of silversmiths
    and jewelers lives.

    John Cogswell writes "Kurt Matzdorf, silversmith, teacher, mentor,
    good friend".

    There is a memorial service on January 24th.

        Saturday, January 24  AT  5:00 PM.
        Temple Emanuel
        243 Albany Avenue
        Kingston, NY 12401
        845-338-4271
        http://www.templeemanuelkingston.org/

        If you wish to attend please let them know:
        http://www.templeemanuelkingston.org/ContactTE.html