Re: [Orchid] The secret of faceted stones and bezels

Deewo Tuesday, January 06, 2004

    Chris, I absolutely HATE stepped bezel wire.  And I LOVE using step
    bezel on cabochons. One man's meat is another man's poison.

    I find step bezel convenient because you have only one solder joint
    and you don't need a silver backing on the stone, so that you save
    on metal. Also step bezel comes with the step at different depths,
    so you can get the size to fit your particular stone.  For me it's
    the quickest, neatest, most economical way of setting a cab.
    Dee