Silver Dip formula

Hi everybody! Someone told me about using water softner in a
alumminum pan (like the pie ones you get at the supermarket). Has
anyone heard this? Would you know what the details are? I am in
New York and I have not been able to find water softners in stores
or on the Net.

Thanks in advance.
Vera B.

Someone told me about using water softner in a alumminum pan

Hi Vera,

Its amazingly simple! I usually use a Pyrex (glass) dish and line
with aluminum foil, because then I can either toss out or recycle the
foil. An aluminum pan would work as well… or even better. I
wouldn’t use it for cooking later, though!

Fill the container with hot water and toss in about 1/4 cup of
baking soda. Stir to dissolve and place your silver pieces in the
bath, in contact with the aluminum. Leave it for a while, then pull
the pieces out and rinse. Ta-Da!

Seems overly simple, but its reasonably effective and totally
harmless to people and the environment!

All the best,

Dave

Dave Sebaste