[Orchid] Pickling Solution - Ph Minus

Tom Manson Wednesday, July 17, 2002

    Based on discussion I found in the archives from this list, I picked
    up a jug of HTH-brand Ph Minus at Wal-Mart today for about $8.  Ph
    Plus was on sale for $6, but I noticed that it's active ingredient is
    Sodium Carbonate (Ph Minus ingredient = Sodium Bisulfate).  I also
    noticed that in both cases it claims only a 92% portion of the active
    ingredient and 8% "inert."  I'm a little skeptical that the 8% may be
    significant when used as a pickle (the swimming pools surely don't
    care).  If Sparex is worse than 92% NaHSO4, it really must be dirty.

Tom
Frederick, MD