Re: [Orchid] Bench height

Erhard Kruger Sunday, September 02, 2001

    i've seen lots of nice chairs at office supply stores, and also at
    some hardware stores....a wide variety (all wood, some plastic,
    leather backed, etc) all under a few hundred bucks
    canadian...currently, i use either a plain wooden chair (which is
    quite comfortable), or a secretary's kneeling stool (you have to try
    really hard to slouch) which i got used for 10 dollars at a garage
    sale...

    the reason i wager for the height of drafting tables is to
    accommodate the tilt often used (the tilt assists in ergonomics as
    well....easier to write in a straight line, less wrist/neck
    strain)....also, another good ergonomic position to sit in (especially
    for writing/typing/drawing for long periods of time) is to sit with
    feet positioned beneath you, and to keep your back erect (head
    up)....hope this helps, erhard.