Re: [Orchid] Info about Alpinite

Lucy Ludwig Wednesday, August 02, 2000

    Tony et al Alpinite is US trade name owned by Signity, a recent merger
    between Swarovski and Golay Buchel. It is often difficult to find
    technical information on synthetic gemstone materials.  In addition to
    the trademark, I found a PCT (Patent Cooperation Treaty) patent WO
    98/54109 (published in 1998) that describes the following

    ARTIFICIAL GEMSTONE  No Image Available. (57) Abstract The invention
    relates to an artificial gemstone made of transparent ceramic material
    containing aluminium. The gemstone is cut with facets on both sides,
    has an even front surface (panel) and tapers to a point on the rear
    side. It is made of a material which is crystallized principally in
    spinel structure.

    Because Alpinite appears to be introduced in 1999, I wonder if this
    may be the corresponding patent.

    A guess, anyway.