Working with Gemstones: A Bench Jeweler’s Guide
by Arthur Skuratowicz and Julie Nash
Enjoy stress-free setting! Featuring more than 100 full-color photos, this book provides the information you need to avoid damaging expensive sometimes irreplaceable gems.
- Common gemstone enhancements and treatments.
- How specific gems react to pressure
- How to design and modify jewelry to accommodate a gem’s characteristics.
- “Tools that Rule”: What every jeweler needs close at hand.
- Charts on how stones react to abrasives, chemicals, and heat.
- Advice on proper care and cleaning methods.
“Every major gemstone typically used in the jewelry industry is covered in this book, making it a fine resource for the beginning bench jeweler as well as anyone doing repair check-in at a retail store In addition, some seldom-seen stones are included, making it a good reference for experienced jewelers.”
Mark Maxwell, Gems & Gemology, GIA