Gold Granulation Spheres: Possible New Source

Hi All,

Last night I attended the MJSA Members Meeting banquet. I was
speaking with a metal supplier from the group and enthusiastically
relayed about my experience. Since I had just taken the granulation
workshops at Wildacres and rekindled my love for the process, our
discussion was access to gold granulation spheres. It was one of
those, “funny you should mention that” moments. He was in the mind
frame that nobody does it much and therefore, they don’t want to
invest the money. I mentioned to him, that the najor drawback was
access to spheres themselves. At the moment, SPM is the only
manufacturer. If there was another source, I am sure that more
people would invest the time to learn and produce stunning work.

So my friends at Orchid, I am taking a poll for to develop a
secondary granulation source. If you are interested, I need to find
out how many of you are there. We are looking at gold granulation
spheres first.

Please email me OFFLINE please. Don’t want to crowd Orchid. Place
GRANULATION in the subject line. This is exciting news for all of
us!

Thanks,

-k

Karen Christians
M E T A L W E R X
50 Guinan St.
Waltham, MA 02451
Ph. 781/891-3854 Fax 3857
http://www.metalwerx.com/
Jewelry/Metalarts School & Cooperative Studio

Continue from:

Hi All,

I wanted to give you an update on the situation with the granulation
spheres. Negotiations are still underway. The large and reputable
metals supply company (I must leave nameless at this point) has been
attempting discussions for purchasing mass amounts of spheres from
SPM at a quantity discount. SPM knows they have the monopoly and is
not sufficiently lowering their set up and production fee enough to
make it viable.

Part of the issue for the metal supply company is that there is
sufficient interest to make it worth while for them to purchase 40
ounces of spheres. That’s a lot of money to tie up in inventory. I
think there is sufficient interest.

There might be another source in which to contact. I’m staying with
this but wanted to keep you in the loop.

Keep those cards and letters coming in folks. Your emails to me
sparked the interest to begin with.