Help needed on Ultrasonic cleaner

Several years ago, a friend gave me her Rio Grande Ultrasonic
cleaner, and I’m just now trying to use it. I think the heat
function is working, but I thought it should also hum a little (the
ultrasonic part?), and it doesn’t do that. I asked Rio if they had
any instructions for it, but got no advice at all. I did purchase
the Rio buffing compound remover.

The buttons along the lower front of the cleaner are as follows:

Power (on-off)
Function (tank temp; set temp.; set time; heat on)
Start/Stop
[number display]
Mode
Set
Clear

I think I understand how to set the temperature (which only seems to
go up to 59) and the time, but I’d like to know in what order to do
these functions and also how to start the ultrasonic aspect of the
cleaner. Also, how essential is it to always have the liquid level
not less than an inch below the top of the “container”? and how long
(with light use) can one continue to use the same batch of buffing
compound remover?

Any help would be appreciated!

Judy Bjorkman

Continue from:

    Several years ago, a friend gave me her Rio Grande Ultrasonic
cleaner, and I'm just now trying to use it. I think the heat
function is working, but I thought it should also hum a little
(the ultrasonic part?), and it doesn't do that.

Can you tell who the manufacturer is? If so tell me and I will try
to help you with your problem. There should be a a label on the back
or if no label and it is only marked Rio Grande, is the case white
plastic? Are the controlls on the back top of the unit or are they on
the face at the bottom of the front panel. Is the case stainless
steel? Be glad to help but I need more

Best regards

Mike & Dale, Lone Star Technical Service.
Your ultrasonic repair guys.

Hi Judy Bjorkman,

Rio Grande has sold different ultrasonics over the years. The buttons
you described tell me that your Rio Grande ultrasonic was made by
Branson. Send me a S.A.S.E and we will send you a copy of the
instructions.

John Cranor
The Jewelry Equipment Dr.
4830 Newstead Pl.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Thanks, John. The cleaner I have is indeed a Branson, viz.,
Bransonic, B-1200R-4. The SASE is on its way – I’d very much
appreciate the instructions. Let me know if there is a charge for
them.

Mike & Dale, the ultrasonic’s case is a kind of white plastic, and
the controls are on the bottom of the front panel. If I can’t get
the thing to “hum,” using the instructions, I may get back to you!

Thanks to you all –
Judy Bjorkman

The cleaner I have is indeed a Branson, viz., Bransonic, B-1200R-4.
The SASE is on its way -- I'd very much appreciate the
instructions. Let me know if there is a charge for them.

Dear Judy,

I’m so sorry for my delayed response, I’m still getting caught up on
my Orchid. 3 days of slacking and I have over 200 e-mails to sort
through.

Unfortunately the only thing I can find on these goes WAY back to a
1988 tools catalog. I could not find any instructions or info at
all. My understanding is if its not “clicking” the transducer(s)
is/are bad. However I could be wrong as I am not familiar with this
brand and the controls on them.

Not much help, but I did want you to know you’re not forgotten or
overlooked. If I can find anything on these I will e-mail you
directly.

Pie in my face…

Thackeray Taylor
Rio Grande Technical Support
800-545-6566 ex 13903

Branson 1200 operating manual:

Go to:

http://www.bransoncleaning.com/ManualPDF/1200_2200_3200_5200_8200.pdf

by clicking on the link above. The first item on this page is the
mini-manual for Branson models 1200 through 8200.

Right click on the first item and a menu window will appear. Left
click on save target as.

Another window will appear to confirm the file name. Make a note of
this and where it is being saved so you can find it and then click
okay.

After the file is downloaded you can open it in Adobe Acrobat. If
you do not have Acrobat, you can download a free copy at
www.adobe.com You can then view the operation manual and print it out
if you like.

Get back to me if you have problems.

Happy surfing.