Toronto Wax workers

Hello fellow Orchidians, I am looking for fellow wax workers in
Toronto, Ontario. I am just beginning, I have destroyed several
pieces of otherwise qutie useful wax in my attempts to make rings,
and even had a couple come out alright. I am looking for other wax
workers that might be interested in getting together to talk shop,
and perhaps showing a beginner a couple of tricks, or critiquing my
work. So, anyone out there?

Katou

Continue from:

Dear Katou,

there are a couple of really good step by step photo wax carving
book available. you cant do the 12th project in the book until you
do the 1 to 11 ones. it is a good book for a beginner. i can help
via the internet with photos of my wax carving if you would like.
here is the last thing i was helping someone with.

The first thing I do is have a working drawing of the design. Then
I take this cool grid paper that I found and trace the outline of
the stone, with a scribe . Then I retrace it with a sharpee then I
cut it out with an exacto knife Then I mark my center points on my
wax. Then I trace my template on my wax. Then I cut my hole and
finish the piece. This may seem like an extra step but it has worked
out good for me.I mixed this idea with something I saw on BWSimons
web site that shows a layout card. It talked about laying out for
the prongs. Check it out and maybe you can inprove it also.

Matthew Gross
Mhgjewelry.com

“Richard Dubiel, at 905-566-0950”…the best I’ve seen. He amazed me
in his quality. I have known him for over 4 years…he is casual
lurker on Orchid…and he was one of my students two years ago. Give
him the business, email him at ddstudio@rogers.com send him my
regards…:>)

his wax work is perfection…Gerry!

At this point, I have only received one response, a referral to a
fellow who might or might not be interested in chatting… Sure no
one else is out there from the 416? Going twice…

Katou