Direct resin casting

Dear All,

I am Looking to short out a process for the Direct resin casting. I
read a article in Santa fe & tried the same. But I couldn’t make a
good result like a wax casting. I am Facing higher porosity &
roughness .

Regards,
Arulkumar N

Dear Orchidian,

It depends on the the various factors:

Type of Resin

Castability of the resin.

Investment Powder

Burnout cycle.

Time of burnout.

Type of Casting machine.

I worked on number of these resins for years & realized these
factors come into play during casting.

I would suggest you look at these factors in detail.

Regards,
Umesh
Umesh. G.Chavan
M.Sc (Research) F.G.A (London)

I am Looking to short out a process for the Direct resin casting.
I read a article in Santa fe & tried the same. But I couldn't make
a good result like a wax casting. I am Facing higher porosity &
roughness.

Join the club

One trick, ok two tricks are debubbleizer right before investing,
proper investment (not a trick just a necessity) and blowing out
flask after burnout with compressed air. A can will do. You should
see the crap that blows out of the flask from blowing air into it.
Still won’t be as good as wax but what do you want. If life gets to
easy you might as well give it up, you’ve done it all. blow it out
from different angles then put it back in the kiln to maintain temp.