Brass welding wire for making large tanks

Hi, I have PUK2 and I don’t know what to buy. I want to make large
tanks not for jewlery. I want to weld brass sheets (0.7mm) and I
need buy: 1. Jeweler’s Brass Round Wire, 1-Lb. Spool, 22-Ga., Dead
Soft or 2. Brass Wire Solder, 20-Ga. ?

Sorry for my bad English skills. Best regards :slight_smile:

Brass tanks? we will need the following from you 1st,
then we can advise which is the best way to make them.

Welding up .7mm brass is not the way to go.

questions

  1. size of tank?
  2. to do what? hold liquid?
  3. if so what?
  4. do you have proper sheet metal folding tools?
  5. do you have guiulotine?
  6. do you have oxy propane and silver brazing alloy and flux?
  7. do you have soft ie lead/tin solder?

Await your reply as tanks in brass are not normally welded. Also
this is a jewellers forum, not for sheet metal work…

Arnold - I don’t think that the PUK2 is powerful enough to do large
brass tanks. The PUK series is for jewelry sized pieces.

But to be sure the Lampert people have a US office - around Chicago
I think -

Branch Office for USA & Canada
Lampert Tools USA, Inc. Robert Sepiashvili
Phone: 866-478-5111
Cell: 312-953-4319
info@lampertusa.com

They will get you the right answer.

Judy Hoch

I missed the first posts in this thread (something to do with a
seasonal rush at the bench, and little time for Internet)

If you are looking to weld larger items I’d contact the folk that
make the Orion machines. As I understand it they specialized in
industrial welding machines before they began making welders
soecifically for our jewelry industry.

Hello Ted, Sheet Metal techniques are often used in jewelry. We all
are metalsmiths.

Chris

I have PUK2 and I don't know what to buy. I want to make large
tanks not for jewlery. I want to weld brass sheets (0.7mm) and I
need buy: 1. Jeweler's Brass Round Wire, 1-Lb. Spool, 22-Ga., Dead
Soft or 2. Brass Wire Solder, 20-Ga. ?

It would be hard and time consuming to Wells a tank with a puk. Our
would be Better to solder with a torch. You might be able to bit I
think the weld would be weak from lack of penetration. Thay would
depend on the thickness of your metal