[Orchid] Clasps for handicapped and injured, or elderly

Sharon Sunday, May 26, 2013

    An elderly woman came up to my booth last Saturday who was looking
    for an easier way to fasten her necklaces and asked if I had
    magnetic catches. I told her no and suggested a local craft store,
    which she said she'd already looked and they didn't have them.

    She said she had broken her shoulder last year and was having
    difficulty fastening her necklaces. I doubt she had jeweler's
    plyers, nor knew how to attach any clasp and probably wouldn't want
    to pay me even a minimum amount to do this for her. However, after
    our conversation I wondered what would be the easiest clasp for a
    handicapped or elderly person with arthritic hands. I'd love to see
    comments on this. Thank you,

Sharon Perdasofpy