[Source] Slides to digital transfer

Could anyone recommend a company for transferring slides to digital.
These need to be high quality. Thanks all.

Munya

Hi Munya,

A buddy of mine who is almost as much of an image snob as I am has
used Scancafe Digitize Photos, Scanning & Video Transfer Services - ScanCafe and liked it
enough to send several thousand family photos through them, so I take
that as high praise.

For whatever that’s worth. (It’s worth enough to me that I’ll
probably send the rest of mine through them, rather than
resurrecting my old slide scanner, if that tells you anything.)

Regards,
Brian

I can’t help with company, but if you have a lot to do it will
probably pay to buy a slide scanner. I purchased a Veho VFS-008 (35mm
& 110 film only) and was very pleased with the results. It takes
about 10 secs to scan a slide or negative.

Regards, Gary Wooding

Missed the original post, but if there is a GOOD private photo
supply place nearby that will be your best bet. I had a bunch done
some years ago - all our old family pictures from when I was a kid
were slides; I paid to have boxes and boxes digitized, and sent DVDs
to all the family. Not as expensive as I had been afraid it might
be. They will have the proper set up to bang them out…

Beth Wicker
Three Cats and a Dog Design Studio

I paid to have boxes and boxes digitized, and sent DVDs to all the
family. Not as expensive as I had been afraid it might be. They
will have the proper set up to bang them out...

I agree. I had some old photos that were my grandfather’s and the
local professional photo lab has this auto-scanner thing that just
pulls them through and scans them. Fast, affordable, sharable.

Elaine
CreativeTextureTools.com

Thank you so much for this I have many family photos
that I have been putting off scanning. and now an easy way to do it!

Esta Jo Schifter
Shifting Metal

For digitizing photographs, you could use your own scanner or go to
the local photo lab. However, digitizing slides are another story -
mostly the slides have to be free from dust and dirt particles. As
Brian recommended, Scancafe has very good reputation for quality
digitizing of slides. Their website touts that each slide geta about
2 minutes of personal attention to remove dust and to color correct
faded slides. I have sent in recently 500 slides for digitizing to
Scancafe. It takes them about 6-8 weeks to process and ship them
back to me.

If you don’t mind sharing with us the cost of 500 slides being
digitized at Scancafe I would appreciate it. I have some friends who
have taken my pics for years, but the cost of putting them on a disc
was prohibitive. I have tried more than once to operate a camera,
even bought CLB’s book, but I just can’t get them right. I also have
no interest in learning another technique at this late date in my
life. I’m as ADD as Leonardo without the genious, or discipline. You
can e-mail me off-line if you’d like. Thomas III

$125 (plus $19.95 for S&H) for 500 slides at 25 cents apiece.
Scancafe calls it their Value Kit.