[Orchid] Identifying sterling vs nickel silver

Denise Avery Wednesday, May 01, 2013

    Bought a parcel of goodies at an estate sale that included some
    mandrels, tools, hammers, etc., along with two approximately 6" x
    10ish" sheets of 20 ga. silver metal. How do I tell if this is
    sterling or nickel silver, or what? It is too hard to be fine silver,
    too heavy to be aluminum. No markings or labels of any kind, just a
    couple of square inches cut off one corner with a jewelers saw (clean
    cut with no warping).

Thanks for any enlightenment,
Denise