[Source] Mandrels for jump rings

I’m trying to contact Dave Arens about sourcing .25mm increment
mandrels for making jump rings. I bought a set from him in the past
and I’ve lost the contact Help!

Marilyn

Dave Arens Gemstones Etc.
3649 N. Pellegrino Drive Tucson, AZ 85749
520.749.2413

this info same from many sources, however, all are dated in 2011.

john

Marilyn,

Contact me directly and I’ll check with Dave to see if it is all
right to give you his private number. I don’t feel right about
posting it on orchid, since it is his private number.

Jennifer Friedman

Thank you to several people for helping me contact Dave Arens. Dave
was kind enough to email me with the I was seeking. The
Orchid list is so helpful.

Marilyn

Hi I bought a cheap set of jump ring mandrels. Two in a packet.

Made by the beadsmith company $8.50 small one steps up from 1.5 to
5mm large goes up from 6 to 10mm. The address is
The Beadsmith.com in Carteret NJ.

I find this surprising as bought mine in a little shop in rural
Australia.

Look in the Orchid digests there are many hints on making your own.

Richard
Xtines Jewels

 Made by the beadsmith company $8.50 small one steps up from 1.5 to
 5mm large goes up from 6 to 10mm. The address is
 http://www.ganoksin.com/gnkurl/ep808p in Carteret NJ.

One source of mandrels for winding coils for chain making is
potterusa Potter USA - Fine Tools. Potter USA - Fine Tools Click on the Koil Kutter
section.

He has both metric (2 mm to 13 mm in.5 mm increments) & english
(3/32" to 1/2" in 1/64" increments).

Another source is HARBOR FREIGHT. Look for transfer punch sets.

Dave

One source of mandrels for winding coils for chain making is.

Any industrial supply place (I am using MSC) selling drill rods in
1/16 increments and even finer. Cut them to convenient length and you
ready to go.

For more demanding tasks I use tail end of drill bits. I have a set
from 1mm to 10mm in 0.1mm increments. This gives me all the
flexibility that I need. Just wrap business end in leather before
using tail end as a mandrel.

Leonid Surpin

Mandrels in full or half-millimetre increments are readily available,
but it’s really difficult to source those in quarter-millimetre
increments, especially the long mandrels that make the 15 inch coils.

Why might you need these? There are some chain mail projects where
using a different metal (but the same gauge) for the same design
requires a ring that is just a slight bit bigger!

Marilyn Gardiner