[Orchid] Software for lapidary design

Rose Tuesday, April 02, 2013

To the tech-savvy Orchidians out there:

    I've been using basic Rhino for a few years, but haven't used any
    plug-ins, not even rendering programs. I know that many of you are
    much more knowledgeable than I about software, so I'm hoping you'll
    have some advice for me.

    What specific program (or Rhino plug-in) would you recommend for
    gemstones and custom lapidary designs. I would especially like to see
    realistic colors and realistic reflections if there's anything out
    there that has that facility.

Thanks in advance.