Re: [Orchid] Pencil lead for cheniers

jo haemer Wednesday, February 20, 2013

    If you do accidentally get gold or silver solder in a moveable part
    and freeze it up, take soft solder flux, apply it to the frozen joint
    and heat while gently manipulating the frozen part. The soft solder
    flux somehow makes it turn loose. This trick has saved my butt on
    occasion.

    I'm sure there are folks here that paid more attention in chemistry
    class than I did who can explain how and why this works.

Have fun and make lots of jewelry.

Jo Haemer
timothywgreen.com