Re: [Orchid] This will be good

Al Balmer Wednesday, February 20, 2013

>     How did Tiffany find out the rings were fake?

    According to Costco, they never claimed the rings were Tiffany, but
    did advertise them as having "Tiffany settings"or"Tiffany mounts." As
    all you jewelers know, this is a common description for prong
    mounting, as opposed to the old bezel mounts used before 1886. I
    wonder if Tiffany will have more success in their lawsuit than Xerox
    did in the same situation. Popular brand names often become generic.
    "Make a xerox copy", or "hand me a kleenex."

Al Balmer
Pine City, NY