Re: [Orchid] Polishing around soft stones

Sam Patania Tuesday, January 29, 2013

    Chris, I would say it depends on lots of stuff but what polishing
    will be necessary to complete the piece? I would get all the
    polishing done prior to stone setting that I could. I set lots of
    turquoise and it is not affected by the tripoli, white diamond and
    rouge process that I finish most of my pieces with. I usually
    tripoli and white diamond the metal and try to stay off the stones
    then Zam the stones and rouge the whole thing.

Sam Patania, Tucson