[Orchid] Annealing bezel just before setting

Todd Welti Thursday, January 24, 2013

    I have seen many posts about annealing bezel wire, but still
    wondering about annealing after the bezel is soldered in place, i.e.
    just before setting. I am using 18K gold bezel on SS backing. I,
    like some others, tend to find even 18K gold a bit springy even after
    annealing. In this case the stone is a smallish, thinish opal, I
    want to make sure the bezel is fullyannealed right before setting the
    stone. I'm just worried about heating toannealing temp. Do I risk
    degrading the bezel soldering in this process?. Should I use 18K
    hard solder for the bezel?

Todd Welti