Repair; resin inlay brooch needs tie tack applied

I made a rather fearsome looking resin inlay brooch for my life
partner several years ago. I used a Sparkie fusion welder to attach
two tie tacks and one has fallen off. I’m in Massachusetts. Is there
anyone near me who could put another one on? It’s been suggested that
I attach a tie tack with pad using JB Weld. I feel that that is a
less desirable method (functionally, is it?) and would prefer to have
another welded on. Opinions? Anyone near me who can do the weld? Feel
free to reply off-list.

Thanks,
Christine
Littleton MA

Hi Christine,

We have a Sparkie and we have laser welding capabilities among many
other services. You could come by some day and we could do it for you
or, if you are familiar with the sparkie, you can do it yourself. no
charge!.

Daniel Grandi
Racecar Jewelry Co. Is just over the border at
19 Mendon Ave.
Pawtucket, RI 02861,
http://www.racecarjewelry.com