Re: [Orchid] Perfect "fake diamonds" threatens global trade

John Rasmussen Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Jerry in Kodiak

    NO, a synthetic diamond is a diamond (just made in a lab); a
    simulant is something other than a diamond posing as a diamond (cubic
    zirconia, moisonite, etc). A synthetic diamond has the exact same
    chemical composition (C) as a natural diamond. The only discussion
    here is whether the diamond is being sold as being natural when it is
    lab created (synthetic /manmade).

John