Re: [Orchid] San Francisco: The end of an era

Lee Marshall Saturday, November 24, 2012
========[ Invite a Friend -  ]========

    It was mentioned in one of the original posts that the poster had no
    idea of why the Phelan bldg became the jewelery and precious stone
    focus for the city. The bldg was triangular in shape, due to the lot
    shape, and there was a triangular light well in the center. This
    enabled windows to have natural light coming into every room. Each
    floor layout had a central hall with offices on either side. Each
    hall door opened onto a vista of light. For fine detail work, whether
    stone setting or any other jewelery related operation, the bldg was
    Nirvana. Probably the bldg was acquired by some division of Bain
    Hedge Fund. Lee (the saw guy)