[Orchid] Densimeter to measure gold karat.

Marvel Mendoza Saturday, November 24, 2012

    I was thinking of buying a densimeter to measure gold karat. Most of
    them would be scrap jewellery.

    Is it accurate?
    Is it worth the money? (Around $800 USD)
    When and where does it fail?
    Are there any other assaying methods that you could suggest?

    I was going for the Aqua Regia with touchstone assaying method, but
    the fumes from this method is just too dangerous for my working
    environment.

Thank you!