Diamond setter

If you are ever in over your head, an excellent diamond setter can be
found on Jewelers Row in Philadelphia: Gabe Pavlotzky 215.627.1006.
Easy to work with and a true craftsman. Items can be mailed to his
suite. His name is worth keeping on file. Margery F. Cooper, Jewelry
and Judaica

If you are ever in over your head, an excellent diamond setter can
be found on Jewelers Row in Philadelphia:  Gabe Pavlotzky
215.627.1006. Easy to work with and a true craftsman.  Items can be
mailed to his suite.  His name is worth keeping on file. Margery F.
Cooper, Jewelry and Judaica

I want to second this! Gabe has “saved my bacon” a number of times
when I’ve foolishly accepted a repair job I couldn’t possibly do.
Funny how you hear your mouth saying yes even when your brain says
“no way!”

Janet Kofoed

I have a client who has to remake a little pendant and make a mold of
it! I asked him to let me “re-cut” any areas that need fixing, why?
As this is now a second, or even a third-generation gold pendant it
has 14 little 1mm diamonds in it. I had quite a chore in removing
them, to say the least! Some of them were even smaller at .09mm’s My
next challenge was to re-cut all areas so my Onglette #2 graver and
make the pave’ cutting more distinct. I am now at present attempting
to refurbish all of the “pin-point” beads that once held the
diamonds! Why is this my position in helping my client? As I am the
setter, it is my duty to have this pendant in a more saleable
condition.

In re-shaping these beads with a #006 bud and round burs, I am now
re-cutting everywhere. This will give me less stress in setting! So
much joy in doing this!

Gerry!