[Orchid] Diamond setter

Gerald Lewy Friday, November 16, 2012

    I have a client who has to remake a little pendant and make a mold of
    it! I asked him to let me "re-cut" any areas that need fixing, why?
    As this is now a second, or even a third-generation gold pendant it
    has 14 little 1mm diamonds in it. I had quite a chore in removing
    them, to say the least! Some of them were even smaller at .09mm's My
    next challenge was to re-cut all areas so my Onglette #2 graver and
    make the pave' cutting more distinct. I am now at present attempting
    to refurbish all of the "pin-point" beads that once held the
    diamonds! Why is this my position in helping my client? As I am the
    setter, it is my duty to have this pendant in a more saleable
    condition.

    In re-shaping these beads with a #006 bud and round burs, I am now
    re-cutting everywhere. This will give me less stress in setting! So
    much joy in doing this!

Gerry!
http://ganoksin.com/blog/gerrylewy/