Bangkok in April

Hey guys, Im hitting Thailand in April, So first anyone there want
to meet up? and second anyone have any good recommendations on gem
dealers to check out (I wont be buying anything crazy high end) i
would love to see some druze and rough diamond cubes - but also any
unusual stones.

I’ll hit chantaburi gem market one day but other than that am open
to suggestions of good gem / jewelry related sight seeing - so any
recommendations are appreciated!

Thanks :slight_smile:
Lucy

Hi Lucy and All,

I think the first place you should go and have a look to is the
Jewelry Tarde Center’s Silom Galleria, five minutes North from
Surasak BTS station. Althoug that part of Bangkok (Bang Rak) is
sprinkled with plenty of jewelry and gem related busineses, in that
particular building the concentration is huge. There are a a few
other buildings devoted to the trade, Gems Tower for instance, but
they don’t compare to the JTC. In Charoen Krung Road (runs parallel
to the river in the BangRak area) and surroundings you’ll also find a
lot of small -and not that small- mineral specimens, gems and siver
shops. If you finally go to Chanthaburi, you better go on the weekend
(Friday and Saturday), since in week days there isn’t much movement
there.

And a final pice of advice: if you happen to hit the streets in the
Songkran days (mid April I think), dress as casual as you can.

If I were still in Bkk we could have met, but I have just returned
to sad Spain.

Fernando

You can contact me. I have partners in the gemstones business and we
carry crazy stuff (mostly precious and semi-precious). thanks

Woody S.
Modern Wave Co. Ltd.