Re: [Orchid] Casting tiny holes, channels, tubes

Bob Thursday, February 23, 2012

    You are right not to attempt to invest the holes but you should
    conquer your fear of drilling. This is really the only way to get
    the proper hole for your links. If you try to use a wire, even
    stainless, it will warp, get firescale and ruin your casting. Just
    form a small dimple in your wax where you want to drill before
    investing. Setup a firm holding jig to do your drilling.

Bob
3DESIGN