Re: [Orchid] Just what is fine jewelry?

Barbara Ettles Monday, November 28, 2011

    Nope- I'm no where near a fine jewelry maker. And most likely never
    will be. Had I started before I turned 60, maybe I would have enough
    time to become one. But - I am like a sponge, soaking up every bit
    of learning that I can, whether by transmission by human, book,
    magazine or good old trial and error. At the moment, I'm doing the
    best I can at a given moment and just becoming.... "what" I am
    becoming in the way of jewelry still has to be discovered in time.
    And I stand drooling over the "fine" pieces I have seen made by the
    members of this list. Because by doing some, I have learned what
    other people's skills can produce when those skills are applied over
    and over by a person who cares about what is produced.

Barbara