[Looking4] Rapid prototylping services

Hello everyone. I am looking for a cost effective rapid prototyping
service that produces - from a STL file -smooth wax patterns (ready
to be invested and burned out).

Why don’t you try us!
We provide this service for you.

Russ Hyder
The Jewelry CAD Institute.com

Hello,

We specialize in Cad design and rapid prototyping. We are located in
Montreal, Canada, and we ship to all North America. We use the
German made Envisontec wax printing machine, resolution is at 25
micron, very smooth surface finish and wax is perfectly castable.
Please visit our web site at http://www.ganoksin.com/gnkurl/tj

Thank you.

Found one is Australia that’s pretty decent :wink: CIA

Hi Russ, Check out cadjewelrydesign
http://www.ganoksin.com/gnkurl/1bn

they are based out of Apple Valley, MN. Excellent customer service,
prices and turnaround time.

Warmly, Rachel C. Dropp

Hello C.R,

Check out Shapeways: 3D Printing Service Online

They have a material that you can have 3D printed called Alumide.
This stuff can be heated to over 300 degrees F, this way you can make
vulcanized molds straight from the 3D printed copy. The minimum line
thickness for alumide is 0.7mm

If you prefer a metal master… You can also use polymide, which is
supposed to burnout clean, it just requires a longer burn out time.
The minimum line thickness for polymide is 0.3mm (if memory serves).

Shapeways also offers casting services, they will cast polymide in
silver, but the investing fee for one piece is $40+the cost of the
metal

You can also get 3D printed stainless steel, but the minimum line
thickness is 3mm.

Their prices are decent as well, small polymide models usually cost
a couple of dollars and alumide is slightly more. They do have a
minimum of $25.

I hope this helps

Kenneth, DynastyLab
benchofanapprentice.blogspot.com

http://www.ganoksin.com/gnkurl/1bo
They have a material that you can have 3D printed called Alumide.
This stuff can be heated to over 300 degrees F, this way you can
make vulcanized molds straight from the 3D printed copy. The
minimum line thickness for alumide is 0.7mm

Have you ever looked at the product from these folks in person? I
just saw their booth at Siggraph in Vancouver. It is way too rough
for jewelry unless you are going for the coarse stucco look in your
finish. The jewelry they were showing had been ground and polished
so heavily that it lost most of its definition to clean up the build
line artifacts.

James Binnion
James Binnion Metal Arts

When I click on the link, I get the following:

I have sent them an email (from their page) requesting a phone
number. The email went out about 4 or 5 days ago and they have not
responded. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt and
think that they are just busy. Does anyone have a phone number for
Shapeway(s)? If so, please email it to me. And, of course, if you
know of a - cost effective - rapid prototyping service, please email
that too. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely, C R