The Power of Orchid

Hi All. A couple of months ago I posted about the sorry state of the
art show business here in California. One of Orchid’s own, who has a
jewelry gallery in a major city, looked at my stuff and said to
himself, “I could sell that!”

He contacted me, and some of my pieces are currently nestled in one
of his showcases, getting exposure in a completely new market. While
I greatly appreciate his support, it wouldn’t have happened without
the valuable service Orchid provides. Many thanks to all who make it
possible.

If you don’t already contribute to Orchid, DO IT! Don’t you feel
guilty getting all this great stuff for free?

Allan

A couple of years ago I encouraged my friend, Bill Heher owner of
Rare Earth Mining Co., to post on Orchid after he had been robbed of
a considerable quantity of cabochons, drusies, faceted stones and
specimens. Believe it or not, a fellow who saw his post here
identified some of Bill’s unique inventory later being sold at a
show. Through this connection, Bill was able, with the help of
police, to identify the dealer who had (knowingly) recieved the
stolen goods, as well as to eventually catch the people who had
robbed him. He got back around 80 percent of what had been stolen.

Just this week Bill was visiting us, and reminded me of how the
posting of his misfortune on Orchid resulted in such a happy ending.

Whar a great community this is!

Peggy Wilson
Harbor Jewelers

Through this connection [Orchid], Bill was able, with the help of
police, to identify the dealer who had (knowingly) recieved the
stolen goods, as well as to eventually catch the people who had
robbed him. He got back around 80 percent of what had been stolen.

Peggy, thats a great story and a tribute to the power of Orchid!!

Cheers
from Don in SOFL.

Oh Yeah! My custom is to make a donation to Orchid on my birthday…
which is coming up this month. Just think, if everyone followed suit
with a modest birthday gift to Ganoksin, there would be a year-round
stream of funds to keep all this good stuff going!

Judy in Kansas