Best book for making hinges

Could someone recommend the best book for making hinges?

Could someone recommend the best book for making hinges?

There are only two that I am aware of, one by Charles Lewton-Brain
and one by Tim McCreight. I’ve flipped through one of them, but don’t
own either one. Both are sure to be wonderful though.

Both have the word hinge in the title.

Elaine
CreativeTextureTools.com

Could someone recommend the best book for making hinges?

“Hinges and Hinge-Based Catches for Jewelers and Goldsmiths” by
Charles Lewton-Brain.

See the following for a sample page so you can get an idea of the
style and the illustrations, and a link near the bottom of the page
you can use to order the book.

Neil A.

Could someone recommend the best book for making hinges?

Fred Zweig teaches classes on this. You can look him up on Facebook.

Dan Culver

IMO, Tim McCreight’ s Boxes and Lockets. Lewton-Brain’s would be, if
the book were better edited. His sentences are formal and long enough
to require numerous readings.

There is a nice selection of hinges and clasps are among the
projects in “Professional Goldsmithing” by Alan Revere.

http://www.ganoksin.com/gnkurl/re

Michael David Sturlin
http://michaelsturlinstudio.ganoksin.com/blogs/

Rick,

“Hinges and Hinge-Based Catches” by Charles Lewton-Brain ( ISBN
0-9698510-3-0 ) is excellent, full of great diagrams and
very clear. I think it is one of the best book investment I ever
made.

Good luck with your project.

Cyrille