Bulino point engraving DVD or books?

Hello.

For a while I have been trying to find the best DVD or Books on
Bulino engraving. Particularly for techniques in Bulino Point and
attaining the effect of depth of field and perspective. Shading &
fur texture for animals and feathers on birds. the shape and type of
cuts to achieve a realistic landscape or wildlife scene. I have 25
years behind me in top end setting and some basic engraving. I’m
getting it gradually but would great to get the best If
you could recommend an tutorials in advanced Bulino Point technique.

Thanks very much
Phil W

Phil, Have a look here for both DVD and online videos

http://www.ganoksin.com/gnkurl/r5

Chris is a great teacher and you can even take part in one on one
classes via the internet.

Roger

Investigate literature on drawing technique known as “Silver Point”.
The technique consist of applying gesso to some hard surface and
drawing on it with silver rod. Because silver is soft, it would live
traces on white gesso. It is very old technique, pre-renaissance,
and it is the forefather of of Bulino engraving. Also, take a class
on pen drawing. Books teaching pen drawing could be of help, but the
keyword here is drawing. That is pre-requisite for everything else.

Leonid Surpin

Well Phil, as usual all engraving questions lead to

Including the sister thread about power assisted engraving, BTW. I
just searched Google for “Bulino Point technique” and got several
hits that are too numerous to link here. Just do the same
search… Not a single DVD or anything, but there’s a lot there.
Basically it’s just a million dots and a few tiny lines, maybe. Like
most engraving it’s easy to say it but the results come from
technique and design.

http://www.ganoksin.com/gnkurl/rh