Re: [Orchid] Identifying turquoise

leonid surpin Thursday, May 05, 2011

>     I, for one, would like to know if there is an easy way to verify
>     genuine turquoise for the layman (me) that does not require special
>     equipment.

    The answer is no, there is no easy way to identify any gem material.
    If it would be, gemologists would be out of business. Turquoise is
    especially difficult, because it exist in many different forms and
    qualities. If you follow to my website, I have wrote sometime ago an
    introduction to turquoise. I doubt it will make things easier, but
    maybe more understandable.

Leonid Surpin
www.studioarete.com