Re: [Orchid] State of casted rings?

James Binnion Tuesday, May 03, 2011

>     Tumbling affects only a thin surface layer, perhaps a half
>     millimeter deep at best,

    Not even that on jewelry scale machines and objects. You cant get
    enough energy into the work. Maybe with a Centrifugal Barrel Finisher
    that has a 5HP motor and your work would look like it had been beat
    to death. It takes real movement of metal to get that kind of depth.

James Binnion
James Binnion Metal Arts
http://www.mokume-gane.com