Home refining gold and silver

I would like to make contact with anyone who has experience with the
refining methods for recovering gold and silver in a home based type
operation. off post would be preferable.I know this is a little off
subject, so, thanking you in advance for your consideration.

William

Hello William,

consider all the precautions and safety procedures first, it is not
that easy! If you like to inhale the toxic fumes, well that is one
thing but be aware that you don’t let those toxic fumes get airborn
for others to inhale. A stupid errror can seriously damage you or
somebody else entired life. If you know what you are doing well that
is another story but still. Making money should be your second goal,
safety and health are absolutly first priority and goal.

Wishing you all the best in your endeavour.

Have fun and enjoy… be careful.
Pedro

I would like to make contact with anyone who has experience with
the refining methods for recovering gold and silver in a home based
type operation. off post would be preferable.I know this is a
little off subject, so, thanking you in advance for your
consideration.

I learned how to do basic small scale gold and silver refining 20
years ago and decided that I had better ways to spend my time but if
you really want to do it I have two suggestions for you. Based on
your question I am going to assume you have little experience in
hands on chemistry because refining gold and silver is really not all
that difficult for someone with a laboratory chemistry background. So
first suggestion is that you need to get an education in handling
corrosive and dangerous chemicals. The chemicals used in refining can
be fatal or cause serious injury when handled in an unsafe manor.
Second I know there are some folks here on Orchid that do their own
refining on some limited basis but I think you will be better served
to ask your questions over at

where there is a community of refiners with solid working knowledge
of the in’s and outs of the processes.

James Binnion
James Binnion Metal Arts