Re: [Orchid] Identifying turquoise

coralnut Tuesday, May 03, 2011

    I'm with Jim on this one. Knowing the mine (as in buying it from the
    miner) is important and can drive price way up! But, to me a more
    important aspect in this day and age is to be able to determine if
    the stone is natural, stabilized, reconstituted, enhanced (as in
    dyed) or is just plain fake!! Without going into the various points
    of each, there are ways to determine these characteristics "and
    still be fooled"!!

Cheers from Don in SOFL.