Re: [Orchid] Ear wires- materials and temper

judy willingham Sunday, May 01, 2011

Hello Orchidland,

    I've been my own guinea pig for copper ear wires. So far (about a
    month of almost daily wear) I have a bit of darkness right at the ear
    holes, but that's all. No infection or tenderness. I have let the
    copper patina, but it really has not changed color as much as it has
    lost a shiny finish and dulled a bit. The experiment continues...

    Judy in Kansas, where I have seen 4 turtles rambling around, but
    only 2 were interested in eating today.