[Looking4] 3D CAD printing and production services

Hi,

I’m a jeweler/hobbyist actually looking for a telecommuting entry
level Rhino/Matrix gig as well - check my site out at

I need a reasonably-priced, beginner friendly place to print my.stl’s
at preferably in NYC. Please e-mail me if you know of anywhere. I
prefer professional, reputable places because I want them to have
some kind of responsibility towards keeping my files safe. I guess
the best place to look is in NYC, I get there often enough. I like
the guy I have in Pittsburgh but he doesn’t do mold making.

Let me know.
Thanks,
Aviva Fort

Aviva,

Try this link to Best Cast…they are just across the river in NJ.
Ask for Bobo and tell him I sent you.

http://www.ganoksin.com/gnkurl/dr

Russ Hyder
The Jewelry CAD Institute

Hi Aviva,

I can’t help with the name of a 3D printer company, but I recently
visited a school here in UK which was in the middle of assembling a
3D printer kit from rapmanusa http://www.ganoksin.com/gnkurl/du

which they had just purchased. It assembles into a proper small 3D
printer and I would think it would pay for itself pretty quickly if
you have a lot of small items to print.

Regards, Gary Wooding

I recently visited a school here in UK which was in the middle of
assembling a 3D printer kit from rapmanusa
http://www.ganoksin.com/gnkurl/du

Gary, printers like this are not suitable for most (any?) jewelry as
the resolution is way too coarse.

James Binnion
James Binnion Metal Arts

Gary, printers like this are not suitable for most (any?) jewelry
as the resolution is way too coarse.

Indeed. There’s a reason why a SolidScape printer is $25K. Even at
the price of the Rapman unit you can grow a lot of wax from a service
bureau at $3 to $10 per hour.

There's a reason why a SolidScape printer is $25K. Even at the
price of the Rapman unit you can grow a lot of wax from a service
bureau at $3 to $10 per hour.

Actually I don’t really consider the SolidScape to be all that great
either, the surface quality is still rather rough. It is lightyears
better than the Rapman but still requires a lot of finish work to
get acceptable surfaces.

James Binnion
James Binnion Metal Arts