Re: [Orchid] Replacing spring of lobster claw clasp

Ala Tuesday, February 22, 2011

    If you can obtain a silver lobster clasp of the same design it is
    simple to prize open the bodies of the two clasps, switch springs,
    and squish the 14K body closed with new spring enclosed.

    The customer must pay for the whole silver clasp plus labour, and
    this is suficciently cheaper than buying a new 14K clasp plus the
    fitting.

    If the clasp has a rivet as the pinion then the clasp is an old
    style and a silver copy will be very hard to find. Then a new 14K
    clasp will be best.

Alastair