Relocating studio to Mexico

Dear All,

Has anyone moved their jewelry studio and personal possessions to
Mexico? Not by land or train as that method is much easier from all
the I can get. I plan to send it by sea to a port in
Mexico.

It seems there are so many restrictions that my tools, beads,
antiques, everything is in danger of being confiscated.

This will be my last move and had hopes of setting up a nice
jewelry/art studio to enjoy the future there.

Can anyone be of help? Has anyone done it themselves? Any thing?

With many thanks,
Sharron in Dhaka with only 4 more months to go.

Hello Sharron, I am Stephen Wyrick, CMBJ, in San Antonio, Texas.
Please, Please, Let me help you with your decisions of moving to
Mexico!!! First of all - Why?

Second - I can give you some very important that you
should have “BEFORE”, you make your move.

I don’t want to burst your bubble, but if you haven’t had an unbiased
opinion, "ASK and YE SHALL RECEIVE ! Will be happy to give you the
you may need or help you in any way. Best to you and
yours, Stephen Wyrick

Dear Sharron,

How exciting! May I ask where in Mexico you are moving?

I have worked in import/export to Latin America for 12 years and
have lived in Central and South America for a total of 2 years. I
love Mexico, it is such an amazing country with a rich culture and
history, and the people are so nice! Working with them however can
get pretty interesting - have you ever watched those Mexican
telenovelas?

Anyway, I am not familiar with importing personal items into the
country, but if I were you I would get an experienced import agent
who can handle all of the documents for you. Mexican Customs are
really picky and if you get even one detail wrong on your documents
(packing list, bill of lading, etc.), they could hold up your items
for months and you’d have to pay a lot of money to get them out.
Also, our company pays 30% duty, but that’s for cut-and-sew items.

Best of luck to you,
Jennifer