Cites status of elk teeth?

All,

I just received two elk teeth from my aunt in law, whose husband
passed away a few years ago. Her husband had hunted for the dinner
table and accumulated the teeth over the years.

The US allows the ownership and use of these teeth as long as the
animals were taken legally according to the various state law, as
these elk had been.

However, I understand that CITES now bans international movement of
nearly all ivory. Does CITES ban importation of legally taken US elk
ivory into the EU? Is an exemption made for personal jewelry or will
visitors who return to the EU from the US wearing elk ivory be
arrested on the spot?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew Jonathan Fine

go to Ivory Laws- Heidi Robichaud Scrimshaw elk teeth are not
covered yet