Thai hill tribe silversmiths at work

I will be visiting Thailand the end of November and am particularly
interested in seeing some of the Hill Tribe silversmiths at work. Any
one have any suggestions on where I should go?

Peace,
Christine

Christine: I visited my daughter in Thailand while she was in the
Peace Corps and we went to see some Thai silversmiths in southern
Thailand. Bought a batch of silver work from them at very modest
prices. Both gold and silver sold by gram at very slight markup from
metal price.

Also found an American gemstone dealer in Bangkok not far from our
hotel. Bought a very nice 3-4 ct blue sapphire from him at a good
price too.

I will try to find out where that was from my daughter.

Fred Sias