Silent vacuum pump

Hi,

Can anyone guide me to a silent vacuum pump to rig up with my
per-cast table.

Many thanks,
Keith

Can anyone guide me to a silent vacuum pump to rig up with my
per-cast table.

Don’t confuse vac pumps with air compressors. Many commercially sold
compressors are very loud, so getting a silent one can be needed for
an indoor shop. And they’re much more costly. Most vacuum pumps
aren’t all that loud to begin with. Most of the ones on a direct
drive from the motor are already pretty quiet. Two stage pumps
running on a belt drive off a motor are sometimes a bit louder,
making a chuggging sound rather than a whir (though that type also
pulls a higher vacuum) But even those aren’t all that loud, certainly
not enough to be annoying or a disturbance…

Peter

Heck! I’m still waiting for a “silent” shop vac.-

Jo Haemer
www.timothywgreen.com