[Orchid] Silver turned gold in pickle...

Cyndy Wolf Thursday, January 29, 2009

    Okay I'm truly baffled. I left a textured strip of 20 guage sterling
    silver in sparex pickle over the weekend and it turned gold - looks
    like brass. The rest from that particular sheet is fine but I can't
    get rid of the gold color of this one piece. Tried re-annealing,
    steel wool and even filed a corner to determine if the color goes all
    the way through the piece - it does.

    If I scrap this piece and send it in for refining along with my
    other scrap will it be tossed out as base metal or included with the
    melt?

Thank you!
Cyndy